Table of Contents
- 1 COMPARISON TABLE
- 2 How to choose the best cordless soldering iron
- 3 Our top picks of the Soldering Irons in the market
- 4 Conclusion
For anyone working on electrical appliances, having a soldering iron in their toolbox is a prerequisite. However, getting a durable and affordable soldering iron is what most people want. Some people are clueless when it comes to getting the right soldering iron.
However, reading our cordless soldering iron review will guide you making the right decisions for your next purchase. In this article, we reviewed five of the cordless soldering irons in the market from different manufacturers. Below is a comparison table of the five soldering Irons:
|Image||Product name||Price||Check price|
|Is0-Tip, Pro Charge-7800||$$$|
|Performance Tool W2000||$|
How to choose the best cordless soldering iron
Consider these factors before buying a soldering iron:
- Heat generation: A soldering iron that generates heat in less time is a good deal. Having those kinds of soldering irons can be the reason for a faster pace of work. Therefore, you should consider heat generation with respect to time before buying a soldering iron.
- Convenience: Soldering irons are hand-held tools and it should be convenient to work with. So if you are looking for the soldering irons, consider its weight and slimness. These factors go a long way in determining how well you’ll work with a soldering iron.
- Battery: If you intend to work longer without being glued to a power outlet, consider a cordless soldering iron. These types of soldering irons work using stored electricity from the battery. When considering a cordless soldering iron, you should also consider the battery life. A soldering iron with longer battery life makes you work uninterruptedly.
- Safety: Sometimes, soldering irons can cause serious damages to your workpiece or your skin. That’s why; you should consider safety before choosing a soldering iron. The ones with a dock are preferably safer than the ones without. Therefore, you should consider getting soldering irons with a dock if you prioritize safety.
Our top picks of the Soldering Irons in the market
1. ISO-TIP inQuick Chargein-7700 Cordless Soldering Iron
ISO-TIP inQuick Chargein-7700, our most convenient soldering iron we’ve ever used. It is lightweight, and easy to grip. It comes with a charging dock which keeps the soldering iron safe when it’s not in use. It also serves the purpose of protecting the user from burns and damages on workpieces. Without using the dock station to hold the soldering iron, it may roll over and fall on your legs.
Other than its safety features, the ISO-TIP does the work of soldering materials perfectly. On our testing, the soldering iron heated up to a level where it can melt lead pieces in just 1 minute. We recommend this product to anyone looking for the best portable soldering iron.
2. Hakko FX-901/P Cordless Soldering Iron
The Hakko FX-901/P is a cordless, portable soldering Iron powered by electricity from battery cells. Instead of Li-Ion, it is powered by four AA alkaline or nickel metal hydride batteries. It can run at 6000F continuously for a period of 120 minutes using its battery. If you are running this soldering iron intermittently, you can run your electrical repair works for more than 6 hours.
In addition, this product also comes with safety protection cap on it. However, we would have loved it more if it had a stand where the soldering iron can be placed. Nevertheless, being able to work for a long time without power supply from mains makes it a great choice for us. It is one of our battery powered soldering iron.
3. Is0-Tip, Pro Charge-7800 Cordless Soldering Iron
When it comes to soldering Irons, there is hardly any other that can boast of the handiness of this product. It is a rechargeable battery-powered device which weighs less than 1.4 pounds (charging Dock inclusive). Without the charging dock, this product weighs below 0.6 pounds which is really light for us.
During our tests, this battery lasted for a period of 2 hours if used intermittently thanks to the rechargeable Nickel Cadmium battery. While there may be cheaper options out there, the build and quality of this product make it worth buying.
4. Performance Tool W2000 Cordless Soldering Iron
Looking for an affordable, cordless, battery-powered soldering iron with great heat capacity? Then the Performance Tool W2000 is your bet. This soldering iron can maintain heat levels of up to 1850Celsius. In addition, it can heat up and cool down in no time.
However, it is quite bulky in shape. You’ll need to have bigger hands to grip this product. Other than that, there is no major con of this product. It is something we would recommend to anyone looking for the best cordless iron.
5. Milwaukee-MLW248820 M12 Cordless Soldering Iron
The Milwaukee MLW248820 soldering Iron has a quite different design and looks. Instead of the regular straight tube shape of soldering irons, this one comes in an adjustable gun shape. But for most electricians, that matter a little. Other than that, this soldering iron can reach a maximum temperature within 18 seconds. In addition, it comes with LED light indicators.
On the aspect of convenience, you can swap the tooltip easily without using a tool. We found this feature helpful to us and we believe most electricians will also find it helpful. The pricing is quite higher than others in the market but it is still a great choice for a multi-purpose soldering iron.
If you are an electrician or someone who makes use of soldering irons, then getting the right soldering iron is the first thing to do. If you are searching for the cordless soldering irons, then reading reviews like this one will save your time and money. In addition, you’ll make no mistake in getting the soldering iron since you will be directed to the right place to get them on this article. We hope you’ll make the best choice for your soldering needs after reading this.