Table of Contents
The Hakko FX 888D has become one of the most popular soldering irons among enthusiasts and professionals due to it technologically advanced specifications and features. It’s specially constructed to deliver precise results. This affordable soldering station includes a digital power station, soldering iron and iron stand. The unit has been equipped with unique features making it ideal for almost all types of soldering jobs.
Hakko FX 888D has many powerful features that make it the best among other soldering irons in its category:
- The soldering iron has wattage of 70W which is sufficient to accomplish many types of soldering jobs. It also works great for professional applications and soldering fine components.
- It has an adjustable temperature. The temperature of the soldering iron can be set anywhere between 50° C and 480° C to deliver an accurate output for precise result.
- This soldering iron uses T18 series tip to help with fast thermal recovery and better heat conductivity. The tip allows you to solder at lower temperatures, thereby minimizing the heat impact on components.
- Thermal recovery of this device is 30% more than other soldering irons in the market. The temperature rises to 350° C 20 seconds faster than other existing Hakko soldering iron models. Faster thermal recovery reduces tip oxidation and prolongs the lifespan of the soldering tip.
- An iron holder of matching color with the soldering station is included. The precisely functional iron holder not only promotes ease of use but also provides a good sense of visual consistency to your work environment. The holder has integrated protective cap that reduces shock and noise while placing the iron tip, cleaning wire, rubber cleaner and cleaning sponge for effortless tip cleaning.
- Replaceable tip design adds more versatility and provides absolute value for money. The unit contains a number of tips including T18-BL, T18-I, T18-B, T18-D32, T18-S7, T18-D24, and T18-C05.
- Both the soldering station and holder is designed compact and occupy very less storage space. The whole system weighs around 4.7 pounds and has dimensions measuring 9.8 x 9.5 x 7.4 inches.
Power Station and its Special Features
- The power station has a digital display that allows you to view the temperature adjustment at a glance. The temperature can be viewed in both °C and °F.
- Multiple adjustable temperature control integrated with the power station allows the user to set the temperature according to the requirement in seconds.
- The station has only two Up and Enter button at the center for easy operation. An inexperienced novice can also operate this unit like a pro.
- Password function lets the user lock the settings by using a password to prevent unexpected changes. This feature also makes it possible to restrict every setting change or prevents you from switching to particular modes. It allows you to choose a style of process best suited for your work-field.
- The preset feature is a very convenient function when you want to change the temperature setting to suit a particular tip shape, component or work piece. Simply select the required temperature from a set of the preset temperatures that have been registered in advance. With this unit, you can register up to 5 different preset temperatures. The preset mode can save a lot of time and hence improve work efficiency.
Given below are some of the advantages of having Hakko FX 888D:
- With the adjustable temperature control and preset temperature mode, the unit is more convenient than other soldering irons.
- It has a very user-friendly interface. Even if you are not great in machine operations you can operate this tool with ease.
- More improved security and safety. Also, this soldering iron is electrostatic discharge safe.
- The wide range of tip selection allows you to perform both small as well as heavy-duty soldering work.
- Compact design and size make the unit portable.
- The unit is affordable.
Although the Hakko FX 888D is considered one among the best soldering stations, it also has a few limitations:
- While this tool can do a lot of soldering tasks, its tips may not be compatible with many other soldering jobs.
- The two-button operating system can be a bit confusing, which may lead to inappropriate temperature adjustment, resulting in inaccurate temperature reading.
Hakko FX 888D is a premium soldering iron. Be it for beginners or experienced enthusiasts, its exceptional features make it easy to use, convenient and useful for many soldering jobs. This device is worth purchasing.